This post is on a case study with a vocational training institution that has adopted our face based solution for effectively managing their processes and management. We felt putting this post out would help us articulate and communicate the value that such similar institutions can find in adopting robust systems to held as they scale their organizations. Such organizations are working to bring operational improvements and a structured approach to scaling up.
Opportunities and challenges related to skill development in India is humongous. Billions of aspiring and ambitious people are ready to work hard and push their limits. It becomes close to impossible to handle such variability.
Skill development programs are becoming imperative for our ambitious youth. It becomes all the more critical for a country that is emerging as an economic powerhouse. Today, skill development organizations are taking care of end to end processes starting from identifying and sourcing young employable people, identifying suitable courses, providing the best state of art trainings, and finding jobs and opportunities for the trainees and mobilizing them.
Improving the methodologies of training and bringing effectiveness in this complete training process is a continuous endeavor for these organizations. As a positive attempt to work in this direction, Aindra Systems in April 2015 has enabled one of the fastest growing skill development and training institutions, in deploying a breakthrough and innovative biometric technology to address their three persistent problems:
- Controlling the drop out rates of the enrolled trainees
- Ensuring presence of expected trainees at the training sessions
- Automation of the complete monitoring process
Some of the challenges that the implementation faced, were:
- Working with an unorganized sector, the solution has to be extremely simple to use
- The solution should be able to work with little or no consistent power
- It should work in remote areas without consistent Internet connectivity
- It should not be dependent on expensive hardware and infrastructure maintenance
- It has to be scalable in nature, to meet the demands of a growing organization
- Change management within the users of the organization
Following are a few snapshots taken at actual location in one of the training centres in Hosur, Tamil Nadu.
The mobile based face attendance solution is an application which is installed on the trainers mobile phones. Based on a patent pending product that uses Artificial Intelligence, the application has intelligence to automatically capture the trainees faces and later update their attendance on any cloud application, be it the NSDC, MIS or any other ERP system.